Last updated: 1st January 2021
- By extension of this, the scope of personal data collected by the application is minimal. For a facilitator this includes name, email address and Gravatar link if there is one connected to that email address, and IP address for security purposes. For a participant in a workshop we temporarily store the name entered on login, but do not persist this permanently. Nowhere else in the platform is personal information required or expected.
How We Collect Information
- User Provided Information. We receive and store user information which could be provided directly or indirectly by you. You may, as part of the Services, provide what is generally called “Personal Information”, including your name and email address. When you access Axis as a workshop facilitator, the application retrieves these details from our authentication provider and retains them temporarily to improve the performance of the platform.
If you are joining as a participant we temporarily store your name, and create a pseudonym that all interactions with the workshop are stored against. When the workshop is ended the name entered is deleted and cannot be retrieved.
- Third Party Web Beacons. We may from time to time contract with partners to optimise the Service and communications from the Site. To do this, we may use web beacons, clear GIFs and Cookies provided by such partners. The information collected will allow us to learn how to improve the Services for the benefit of our users. This information may be collected directly by the third party, and Axis does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, storage and disclosure policies.
- Corporate Directory Services. If you are logging on as a facilitator using a corporate instance, your details may be shared by your company using their corporate directory services and linked to Axis' own authentication sub-processor.
- You may join the Site directly, by logging in using your an email address and name. This will be stored by our authentication processor, Auth0 and is only accessible by the platform.
How We Use Information
- We use your Personal Information to ensure the best possible personalised experience of the Axis platform and no more. We do not keep personal details within the application and anything we use within the application to identify data belonging to you or your organisation uses a pseudonym in order to ensure that, in the event of a data breach, it would not be possible to identify you personally.
- From time to time we may use and disclose Non-Personal Information, generally for statistical analysis of patterns of use of the services, and to improve the quality of features involving technologies such as Machine Learning. Such Non-Personal Information may include information derived from Personal Information, for example excluding Personal Information like names and contact details from the data.
- We will use the information collected to understand and analyse the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to create new features and functionality.
- We may use your e-mail address or other Personal Information (a) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or to address intellectual property infringement, privacy violations or defamation issues related to submissions posted by you on the Services or (b) to send you promotional messages related to the Services and the activities of third parties we work with.
- We may use “cookies” information and automatically collected information to: (a) personalise the Services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services; (b) provide customised third party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyse the effectiveness of Services and third party marketing activities; and (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
Links To Other Sites
- The Site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every site that collects Personal Information.
Disclosure Of Information
- We may disclose your Personal Information: (i) if such disclosure is made to comply with applicable law or order (such as order issued by a court or an authorised administrative agency, respond to a subpoena, legal process, warrant etc); (ii) to our service providers for the purpose of providing their services such as information technology services and hosting services; or (iii) as part of a merger or consolidation, or as part of the sale of stock or assets of the business to which the information pertains.
- We may from time to time share part or all of your Personal Information with our affiliated entities. Data processing agreements will be in place before such sharing occurs.
- Any information, including Personal Information, that you voluntarily choose to include in an accessible area of the Services will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- We make available to third parties certain automatically-collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information, to: (i) comply with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Services.
- We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect Axis and others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Services; to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of, Axis, our users, or others, or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- If you were referred to this Site from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on any referring website’s use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
- We may share your Personal Information in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Your Information & Choices
- Subject to applicable law, you may have the rights to request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we hold about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, and have your Personal Information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. Personal Information stored by Axis will be deleted after the legal basis for processing that data has passed and according to local law. To exercise these rights, you can request a copy of the Personal Information or its deletion by raising a ticket request here. We will respond to your inquiry within 30 days, or will notify you that more time is needed for particularly complex requests.
- All non-transactional emails contain a link which you can use to change your contact preferences in relation to marketing communications from Axis.
Third Party Use Of Disclosed Profiles
- In the event you have disclosed your Personal Information to third parties through the Site, in whole or in part, we cannot control such Personal Information following disclosure, and cannot force the deletion or modification of that Personal Information by the parties to whom it was made available. A request for deletion or modification of Personal Information will need to be directed to the third party.
- We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. Notwithstanding, we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. You assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Site and the information you post or access through the Site.
- If you provide us feedback, any such comments become our exclusive property. We may use feedback for marketing purposes or to add to or modify the Services without any obligation, monetary or otherwise, to you.
Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy
- Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not recommend, knowingly collect or knowingly maintain Personal Information of persons under 14 years-of-age, and no part of the Services is directed to persons under 14 years-of-age. If you are under 14 years-of-age, then please do not use or access Services at any time or in any manner. If we learn that Personal Information has been collected on the Services from persons under 14 years-of-age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 14 years-of-age has obtained an Account on the Services, then you may alert our Support team by raising a ticket request here and request that we delete that child’s Personal Information from our systems.
- Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on the Services will not be viewed by unauthorised persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site or within the Services.
Storage, Security And Retention Of Information
In The Event Of Merger Or Sale
- In the event that all or a portion of Axis Workshops Limited or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
- We have appointed IT Governance Europe Limited to act as our EU Representative. If you wish to exercise your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) please email our Representative at email@example.com or post your request or query to:
IT Governance Europe,
The Boyne Tower,
Co. Louth, A92 F682
When contacting our Representative please ensure you include our company name in any correspondence.